Greenville BCycle's electric-assist bikes are designed to suit all sorts of riders and to make even long trips a breeze!
Follow these simple steps to make the most of your ride:
Inspect the bike before a ride
- Make sure the tires are full and the brakes and the front and rear lights are working.
- Raise or lower the seat post to a comfortable height. BCycle bike seats are easily adjustable -- open the clamp on the seat post, lower or raise the seat, and close the clamp again.
Wear a helmet
- We recommend that you always wear a helmet when riding our e-bikes.
Follow the rules of the road
- Make sure to observe local traffic signs, signals, and laws at all times.
- Ride your bike in the bike lanes, on bike paths, or on the street. Never ride on the street against traffic.
- Signal your next move. As you approach a turn, point in the direction you will go. This signaling helps cars and other cyclists understand your intentions.
- Walk your bike on the sidewalk. It's called a sideWALK for a reason.
Plan a route
- Know where you’ll ride and where you'll return your bike. Download the BCycle mobile app to see the station map with real-time bike and dock availability.
- To shift up or down, stop pedaling and turn the shifter on the right handlebar. Unlike many bikes, these electric-assist bikes shift gears more smoothly while the pedals are not turning.
Return your bike to a station
- At the end of a trip, return your bike to a BCycle station and push it firmly into a dock. The dock will beep 3 times and flash a green light if your bike has been returned successfully. Email and/or app notifications will also provide confirmation that your bike was successfully returned.